Fluke Networks Fiber OneShot™ PRO - FOS-100-S
VFLs work well for exposed lengths of fiber near a patch panel by illuminating bad connections and breaks. They are not very helpful for cable runs more than a few meters, or when the cable not visible or accessible, or when the laser light can’t penetrate the jacket.
Optical Time Domain Reflectometers (OTDR) provides graphical data and analysis along the entire length of a cable, way beyond the reach of a VFL, but they can be expensive and require more time to and skill to operate.
Fiber OneShot PRO in fiber optic tool kit fills the gap between a VFL and an OTDR. These optical inspection systems have the simplicity of a VFL, and provide distance and power information on high losses, breaks, and the end of the fiber. They also identify live fibre making them perfect for fibre cable troubleshooting.
- Works on single mode fiber, 9/125µm
- 1550nm output wavelength. Compatible with standard PON wavelengths: 1310, 1490, 1550 and 1625nm
- Measure up to 75,459 feet (23,000 metres) of fiber in seconds
- Locate severe bends, high-loss splices, breaks and dirty connectors in singlemode fiber
- Measure and locate high loss connections and breaks
- Locate the end of a fiber
- Find potential sources of high bit error rates caused by reflectance from dirty or poor connections
- Detects live optical signals before it begins testing
- Quick set-up. Connect your fibre and press the Test button. No lengthy set-up necessary
- Find problems quickly. Six-second test time—no more blind troubleshooting that can waste hours
- Change the Index of Refraction (IOR) to improve fibre length accuracy
- Visible in dark areas. Backlighted display turns off automatically
- Removable SC adapter is easily cleaned
- Optional LC, ST and FT interchangeable adapters are available
- Long battery life, 1,500 tests (typical) from 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Rugged construction; vibration and drop tested to 1 meter
- Saves time
- Easy to use
17.5 cm H
|Operating temperature with the battery||0ºC to 50ºC|
|Non-operating temperature||-20ºC to 60ºC|
|Operating relative humidity
|95% (10ºC to 35ºC)
75% (35ºC to 40ºC)
uncontrolled < 10ºC
|Vibration||Random, 5 Hz to 500 Hz, MIL-PRF- 28800F CLASS 2|
|Shock||1-metre drop test|
|Altitude||9,842 feet/3000 metres|
|Battery type||2 AA alkaline batteries (no battery charger)|
|Battery life||More than 1500 tests (typical)|
|Laser safety||Class 1 CDRH
Complies to EN 60825-2
|LCD type||Backlit black and white (segments)|
|Index of refraction range||1.45 to 1.5 (factory default is 1.468)|
|Auto turnoff||Automatically turns off after 5 minutes if no keys are pressed.
Backlight turns off first.
|Factory calibration interval||None|
|Output wavelengths||1550nm ± 20nm at 25ºC|
|Laser classification||Class 1 CDRH Complies to EN 60825-2|
|Maximum distance||75,459 feet or more than 23,000 metres|
|Maximum number of incidents shown||9|
|Distance accuracy||± (1 m + 1% x length) for reflective incidents1
± (3 m + 1% x length) for non-reflective incidents2
|Testing speed||5 seconds typical testing time|
|Connector||Removable/cleanable SC adapter, UPC polish|
|Fiber types tested||9/125μm singlemode|
|Detection of reflective incidents3||-45 dB default threshold (user-selectable: -24 dB to -62 dB in 1 dB increments)|
|Maximum reflectance measurement||-24 dB|
|Detection of loss incidents4||1.5 dB default threshold|
|Bulkhead quality||If no fiber is attached or if the connector is dirty, the troubleshooter displays 0 m or 0 ft.|
|Live fiber detection||
Detects optical signals from 1250nm to 1625nm and shows ACTIVE LINE if a signal is there.
Looks for a signal every 3 seconds after the first detection. +7 dB maximum input power.
1 ± user-configurable Index of Refraction (IOR) error ± the incident location error.
2 ± user-configurable Index of Refraction (IOR) error ± the incident location error.
3 Detects the location of an incident that has a reflectance larger than -62 dB. Detects incidents >2 m after the bulkhead connector when the bulkhead reflectance is <35 dB. Detects incidents >3 m after an incident when the incident reflectance is <35 dB.
4 Detects incidents >10 m after the bulkhead connector or any prior incident when the bulkhead reflectance is <-35 dB and the reflectance of any prior incident is <-35 dB. The maximum link loss prior to the incident is <7 dB.
Contains: Single mode fibre fault locator unit, screw on interchangeable SC adapter, UPC-UPC 2-meter patch cord, carrying case, 4-language Quick Reference Guide (manuals in 9 languages available on-line), safety instruction manual, and batteries
Contains: Single mode fibre fault locator unit, screw on interchangeable SC adapter, UPC-UPC 2-meter patch cord, carrying case, 4-language Quick Reference Guide (manuals in 9 languages available on-line), safety instruction manual, and batteries. VisiFault Visual Fault Locator with 2.5 mm universal adapter is also included