Fluke Networks Fiber OneShot™ PRO - FOS-100-S-VFL
Fiber OneShot PRO in fibre optic toolkit fills the gap between a VFL and an OTDR. These optical inspection systems have the simplicity of a VFL, and provide distance and power information on high losses, breaks, and the end of the fibre. They also identify live fibre making them perfect for fibre cable troubleshooting.
- Works on single mode fibre, 9/125µm
- 1550nm output wavelength. Compatible with standard PON wavelengths: 1310, 1490, 1550 and 1625nm
- Measure up to 75,459 feet (23,000 metres) of fibre in seconds
- Locate severe bends, high-loss splices, breaks and dirty connectors in singlemode fibre
- Measure and locate high loss connections and breaks
- Locate the end of a fibre
- Find potential sources of high bit error rates caused by reflectance from dirty or poor connections
- Detects live optical signals before it begins testing
- Quick set-up. Connect your fibre and press the Test button. No lengthy set-up necessary
- Find problems quickly. Six-second test time—no more blind troubleshooting that can waste hours
- Change the Index of Refraction (IOR) to improve fibre length accuracy
- Visible in dark areas. Backlighted display turns off automatically
- Removable SC adapter is easily cleaned
- Optional LC, ST and FT interchangeable adapters are available
- Long battery life, 1,500 tests (typical) from 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Rugged construction; vibration and drop tested to 1 meter
Got any questions about the Fluke Networks Fiber OneShot™ ? Call our team on 01403 756588 during office.
- Saves time
- Easy to use
17.5 cm H
|Operating temperature with the battery||0ºC to 50ºC|
|Non-operating temperature||-20ºC to 60ºC|
|Operating relative humidity
|95% (10ºC to 35ºC)
75% (35ºC to 40ºC)
uncontrolled < 10ºC
|Vibration||Random, 5 Hz to 500 Hz, MIL-PRF- 28800F CLASS 2|
|Shock||1-metre drop test|
|Altitude||9,842 feet/3000 metres|
|Battery type||2 AA alkaline batteries (no battery charger)|
|Battery life||More than 1500 tests (typical)|
|Laser safety||Class 1 CDRH
Complies to EN 60825-2
|LCD type||Backlit black and white (segments)|
|Index of refraction range||1.45 to 1.5 (factory default is 1.468)|
|Auto turnoff||Automatically turns off after 5 minutes if no keys are pressed.
Backlight turns off first.
|Factory calibration interval||None|
|Output wavelengths||1550nm ± 20nm at 25ºC|
|Laser classification||Class 1 CDRH Complies to EN 60825-2|
|Maximum distance||75,459 feet or more than 23,000 metres|
|Maximum number of incidents shown||9|
|Distance accuracy||± (1 m + 1% x length) for reflective incidents1
± (3 m + 1% x length) for non-reflective incidents2
|Testing speed||5 seconds typical testing time|
|Connector||Removable/cleanable SC adapter, UPC polish|
|Fiber types tested||9/125μm singlemode|
|Detection of reflective incidents3||-45 dB default threshold (user-selectable: -24 dB to -62 dB in 1 dB increments)|
|Maximum reflectance measurement||-24 dB|
|Detection of loss incidents4||1.5 dB default threshold|
|Bulkhead quality||If no fiber is attached or if the connector is dirty, the troubleshooter displays 0 m or 0 ft.|
|Live fibre detection||
Detects optical signals from 1250nm to 1625nm and shows ACTIVE LINE if a signal is there.
Looks for a signal every 3 seconds after the first detection. +7 dB maximum input power.
1 ± user-configurable Index of Refraction (IOR) error ± the incident location error.
2 ± user-configurable Index of Refraction (IOR) error ± the incident location error.
3 Detects the location of an incident that has a reflectance larger than -62 dB. Detects incidents >2 m after the bulkhead connector when the bulkhead reflectance is <35 dB. Detects incidents >3 m after an incident when the incident reflectance is <35 dB.
4 Detects incidents >10 m after the bulkhead connector or any prior incident when the bulkhead reflectance is <-35 dB and the reflectance of any prior incident is <-35 dB. The maximum link loss prior to the incident is <7 dB.
Contains: Single mode fibre fault locator unit, screw on interchangeable SC adapter, UPC-UPC 2-meter patch cord, carrying case, 4-language Quick Reference Guide (manuals in 9 languages available online), safety instruction manual, and batteries. VisiFault Visual Fault Locator with 2.5 mm universal adapter is also included