Fluke Networks MicroScanner Cable Verifier - MS-POE
Today’s communications technicians have a lot more problems to deal with than just the cabling. They have to rule out a whole host of potential cable and service issues before determining the cause of a connection problem. The MicroScanner Cable Verifier series is equipped to answer the question to reduce time troubleshooting. Is there telephone voltage? What’s the polarity? Is there an Ethernet switch at the far end? Is PoE available? If PoE is available, is it enough to run my device? The MicroScannerTM Cable Verifier series simplifies the testing of voice, data, and video cable.
Kit contains: MicroScanner Cable Verifier and carrying case
- Takes results from what was four different test modes and displaying them all at once – graphical wiremap, pair lengths, distance to fault, cable ID, and far end device.
- Supports virtually any type of low-voltage cable testing with no need for awkward adapters.
- Reduced test time and technician error.
- Quickly determine if a problem is caused by a bad or unconnected cable, insufficient power, or a Powered Device (PD).
- Information for the Network Engineer to investigate potential switch configuration or malfunctions.
- PoE Switch Verification – Determine if a switch port can provide enough power by reporting PoE class (0-8).
- Powered Pairs – Graphically identifies powered pairs. Including Dual Signature where the switch port delivers power on 2 or 4 pairs (802.3bt or PoE ++)
- PoE Injector verification - Display injector voltage level
- Active Switch Detection - Determine if a cable is connected to a switch port and port speed up to 10G
- Cable Testing – Identify any shorted, open or crossed wires at both ends, length of each pair, and send tones to find cables.