Hobbes FC-2005 Fibre Checker Pro - Visual Fault Locator - OVLP-650
The FC–2005 Fibre Checker Pro is used for checking the defects of a fibre cable. It sends a visible 650nm wave length red laser light through a fibre optic cable, the breaks or faults in the fiber will refract the light, creating a bright glow around the faulty area.
The universal connector can be used for the most common fibre interfaces such as ST/SC/FC/FDDA. It is suitable to test both single–mode and multi–mode cables. With an optional 2.5mm to 1.25mm adapter, users can even test for 1.25mm fibre cables. The visibility is up to 7 kilometers.
There is also specially designed power circuit included; it provides steady power which avoids unstable laser output when the battery is low.
The output signal can be switched between CW or Pulse mode to get different visual effects. There is a dust proof cover which will prevent dust from getting into the inside of the interface. The cover also helps avoid incidental exposure of the laser to your eye.
- Wavelength: 650nm
- Range: visibility up to 7 km
- Easy to check fiber faults with visual red laser light
- Universally Connector for test different ST, SC, FC, FDDA interfaces
- Tests for both single–mode and multi–mode cables with optional 2.5mm fiber optic connectors to 1.25mm adapter
- Highly effective power circuits allow for stable laser power
- Operates in both CW (continuous wave) & pulse mode
- Dust–proof design keeps fiber connectors clean
- LED indicator for power, battery low, an CW/Pulse indicators