NETSCOUT AirMagnet Planner - AM/A4012
The Netscout AirMagnet Planner allows you to accurately plan and design a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks without rolling out any APs physically.
- Design 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN networks before rolling out any APs physically
- Optimize AP count and layout for maximized coverage and performance by modeling building construction materials/obstructions and APs
- Reduce spend on WLAN infrastructure by reusing services of APs across multiple floors by visualizing coverage and performance in the built-in multi-floor view
- Estimate WLAN deployment budgets
- Generate installer-ready Bill of Materials Reports
- Plan your migration strategies as new users or technologies are introduced
- Available in a standalone version & is also built into AirMagnet Survey PRO to help validate the WLAN model with real-world site survey data
AirMagnet Planner is a wireless network planning tool that accounts for building materials, obstructions, access point configurations, antenna patterns and a host of other variables to provide a reliable predictive map of Wi-Fi signal and performance, before the network is built or even the physical building is constructed. The solution without rolling out any APs physically, offers superior predictive modeling to determine ideal quantity, placement and configuration of APs for optimal security, performance and compliance.
As network engineers plan new technology rollouts, they must resist an easy temptation of performing a simple 1-to-1 replacement of the existing network with newer technologies like 802.11n and 11ac. Even though these 1-to-1 replacements are the fastest way for rollouts, they are not the best and often lead to poor network performance and finally costly rework. The use of professional tools like AirMagnet Planner helps define a migration strategy (rip and replace vs slow rollout) from existing 802.11a/b/g networks to 802.11n as well as 802.11ac networks. AirMagnet Planner also helps to estimate budgets and make “go/no-go” decisions before AP roll outs, so there are no more embarrassing or career-impacting decisions made blindly.
AirMagnet Planner can be purchased as a separate product or as a fully integrated feature of AirMagnet Survey. When integrated with AirMagnet Survey, users have a powerful solution that combines state-of-the-art predictive modeling with real-world performance data.